Call for papers - Surrey 2023
Gerne weisen wir Sie auf eine Tagung an der University of Surrey im Juli 2023 hin. Den Call for Papers fuer die gesamte Konferenz finden Sie hier, den CfP für den von Frau Dr. Karl betreuten Track Competitiveness finden Sie hier.
Competitiveness is an important, long-standing theme of research in the visitor economy. In the post-pandemic era, how to sustain or re-gain competitiveness becomes a crucial question faced by both academic scholars and industry practitioners. We welcome contributions that both analyse and question the nature of the competitiveness of the visitor economy from a range of perspectives. The topics include but are not limited to the following areas:
• Demand analysis and forecasting
• Productivity, efficiency and performance
• Innovation, entrepreneurship, risk and uncertainty
• Economic impact of the visitor economy
• Employment, labour mobility and gender
• Corporate social responsibility and governance
• Sharing economy and destination competitiveness
• Decision making, behavioural economics and competitiveness
• Competitiveness in times of crisis
• Competitiveness and sustainability
There are two ways to contribute to this track:
1. Stand-up presentation. Submit a 500-word abstract by 6 January 2023. Outcomes will be communicated to authors by 3 February 2023.
2. Poster/interactive media presentation. Submit a poster/dashboard/video presentation by 10 February 2023. Outcomes will be communicated to authors by 24 February 2023.
Submission portal: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=surrey2023, Submission template.
For more information regarding this call, please feel free to contact Track 6. Competitiveness Chairs:
• Prof Gang Li, Director of the Centre for Competitiveness of the Visitor Economy – g.li(at)surrey.ac(dot)uk
• Dr Marion Karl, Research Theme Lead for Decision making, behaviour and destination marketing, Centre for Competitiveness of the Visitor Economy – firstname.lastname@example.org.